Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!
I really love you.

My 17th Birthday
(4 January 2009)


'If today was the last day with your father, what would you do?'
-Gary Wong

I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

'I love you' for 18 times represents the love for you for the past 18 years.

This evening was a rather thought-provoking dinner with my dear aunt as they headed down to Nanyang for chili crab. Well, just the two of us. You might be thinking? Aren't today Father's Day? Where's my father?

Ans: He's in Hong Kong on a vacation.

Unsurprisingly, the coffeeshop was flooded with people in large groups, most of them with their father. I was extremely amused and fascinated by just how different fathers look, interact and most importantly, where they stand in the family (based on observations). Some fathers are stern, authoritative. Some others, quiet.

What strikes me real hard was how different children interact with their fathers. More than often, they hardly talk. Some played with their phone (what my aunt dislikes about our generation). Some simply stone and wait for the dishes to be served.

It saddens me when such scenes appear before my eyes. The fact that I could not celebrate Father's Day with my father makes this day utterly meaningless. I really hoped that he could join me today and I would willingly spend all my allowances all for this meal. Too sad, he didn't. On the brighter note, everyday could be a Father's Day if we could show our love and concern to them, isn't it?

I came across two videos and thought it would be meaningful to post it today.



I want to dedicate this post to my dearest father.

Dear dad

I am not sure whether I have ever said those 3 special words to you. I guess not. Today is the day where everyone celebrates their day with their 'man'.

You, were my 'man'.
The 'man' who brought me up almost single-handedly for the past 18 years.
The 'man' who gives me whatever I want, whatever I desire.
You are also the 'man' who always cares for me.











Most importantly, the 'man' who is the Best Father to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment